Survey Crew Member
Coralville // Cedar Rapids // Dubuque // Rock Island
Veenstra and Kimm, Inc. has been deeply rooted in the upper Midwest since 1961. Our engineers, planners, architects, and surveyors have been offering a full complement of services to our clients since the company’s inception. We have prided ourselves on a high level of commitment to assisting our clients achieve their goals and making their communities a better and safer place to live. Our employees enjoy a flexible, relaxed work environment from which to work and grow. Access and exposure to a breadth of individuals and project types allow for both professional growth as well as personal growth.
We are currently seeking full-time SURVEY CREW MEMBER in our West Des Moines, Iowa; Coralville, Iowa; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Dubuque, Iowa and Rock Island, Illinois offices. Our survey department is vital to assisting engineers on a wide array of civil, municipal and environmental projects.
- Receive instructions on specific assignments, objectives and complex features
- Performs a variety of in-office and field tasks associated with land surveying projects obtained by the company Accurately calculates and records field data
- Reviews job specifications and plans fieldwork methods and costs
- Apply standard scientific/engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations of standard methods and techniques in the field and office
- Works in the field that includes roadways and wooded areas. Position requires use of equipment to clear brush and wooded area to clear line of sight
- Review and download field data
- Prepare field notes and draw sketches of existing site conditions
- Prepare detailed daily job reports and discuss projects with supervisor on daily basis Maintain and troubleshoot complex instrumentation
- Perform other like duties as assigned
- Associate Degree preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of survey calculations, techniques and procedures Good judgment and organizational skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to stand, climb and walk continuously during an 8-hour period Ability to perform strenuous work in a varying climate (heat and cold, etc.)
- Must have good computer skills and be able to learn survey related software
- Possess positive organizational skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to work in a team environment in addition to willingness to work independently.
- Must be able to remove and install manhole lids and intake grates weighing up to 115 pounds.
- Ability to travel at times around Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri. Overnight travel is minimal but occasionally required.
Veenstra and Kimm, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer