Survey Crew Chief
West Des Moines // Coralville // Cedar Rapids // Dubuque // Rock Island
Veenstra and Kimm, Inc. has been deeply rooted in the upper Midwest since 1961. Our engineers, planners, architects, and surveyors have been offering a full complement of services to our clients since the company’s inception. We have prided ourselves on a high level of commitment to assisting our clients achieve their goals and making their communities a better and safer place to live. Our employees enjoy a flexible, relaxed work environment from which to work and grow. Access and exposure to a breadth of individuals and project types allow for both professional growth as well as personal growth.
We are currently seeking full-time SURVEY CREW CHIEFS in our West Des Moines, Iowa; Coralville, Iowa; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Dubuque, Iowa and Rock Island, Illinois offices. Our survey department is vital to assisting engineers on a wide array of civil, municipal and environmental projects.
- Communicate with clients, contractors, and internal design teams.
- Conduct boundary surveys, topographic/preliminary engineering surveys, and construction staking.
- Operate surveying equipment including GPS rovers, robotic total stations, and automatic levels.
- Visit job sites and other Veenstra & Kimm, Inc. offices as needed to support project efforts.
- Work within project scopes, deadlines, and budgets.
- Quality control for all survey deliverables.
- Associate Degree preferred, but not required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years progressive experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Intermediate to experienced level of expertise with all major technical aspects of surveying.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Carlson Surv CE, Trimble Access and Microsoft Office.
- Possess sound communication and writing skills.
- Possess positive organizational skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to work in a team environment in addition to willingness to work independently.
- Must be able to remove and install manhole lids and intake grates weighing up to 115 pounds.
- Ability to travel at times around Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri. Overnight travel is minimal but occasionally required.
Veenstra and Kimm, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer