West Des Moines
Veenstra and Kimm, Inc. has been deeply rooted in the upper Midwest since 1961. Our engineers, planners, and surveyors have been offering a full complement of services to our clients since the company’s inception. We have prided ourselves on a high level of commitment to assisting our clients achieve their goals and making their homes a better and safer place. Our employees enjoy a flexible, relaxed work environment from which to work and grow. Access and exposure to a breadth of individuals and project types allow for both professional growth as well as personal growth.
We are currently seeking a full-time CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER in our WEST DES MOINES, IOWA office who would oversee the construction of projects working directly with inspectors, clients, and contractors.
- Review construction plans and specifications for accuracy.
- Attend and lead preconstruction and construction progress meetings.
- Review construction shop drawings and Operation and Maintenance manuals.
- Review contractors partial payments, requests for information (RFIs), change orders, plan revisions, etc. submitted by contractors and prepare final documents for client approval.
- Review construction progress on projects for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Manage and supervise assigned construction projects.
- Assist Construction Department Manager with duties as assigned.
- Oversee the preparation of as-constructed plans once the project is completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering.
- 5+ years of engineering design and construction management experience preferred.
- Engineer Intern (EI) certification required, Professional Engineer (PE) licensed preferred.
- Experience in all facets of civil engineering construction including but not limited to streets, underground utilities, lift stations and wastewater and water treatment plants.
- Possess good communication and writing skills dealing with clients and contractors on a daily basis.
- Possess good organizational and team management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Veenstra and Kimm, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer