West Des Moines
We are currently seeking a full-time ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER in our WEST DES MOINES office. Our team works with local communities on a wide range of civil, municipal, and environmental projects. We are looking for a Professional Engineer who will work with Clients, CAD Technicians, Construction Observers, Land Surveyors and office staff in various capacities.
- Prepare detailed technical engineering reports
- Prepare plans and specifications for specific projects
- Work with Construction Observers/Resident Technicians during all facets of construction
- Manage projects within budget and on schedule
- Serve as a client manager
- Potential for Department manager position for a staff of 10 employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering required
- Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering preferred
- 15 years of civil or environmental engineering design experience preferred
- Iowa PE license certification or ability to obtain within 6 months required
- Previous water or wastewater treatment design experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Veenstra and Kimm, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.